Monday, July 12, 2010

Summer Food


Since my class has kept me home for the majority of the summer, my extracurricular activities have become much simpler. I guess you could say I've become very domestic over the past 6 weeks and have been putting a lot of thought into food. I read a wonderful book called Farm City, by Novella Carpenter and just started Animal, Vegetable, Miracle by Barbara Kingsolver. Last weekend I baked a cheesecake, next weekend I am going to bake my first pie, and this weekend it's all about pickling!

We started our pickling escapade with a trip to the farmers market at the San Francisco Ferry Building. This is probably the best farmers market in the city, and since everyone knows it, it's pretty crowded. The selection is amazing! Unfortunately we forgot to bring the camera, so I've scoured flicker for some beautiful shots of the veggies we chose.





No comments:

Post a Comment