Thursday, May 13, 2010

Bike to Work




Today is Bike to Work Day. Unfortunately I didn't ride my bike to work today, but I did on Tuesday! I work in the city on Tuesday's and Friday's so I ride to work as often as I can as long as its not raining. The ride to work is pretty much all downhill which is great, but also means that the ride home is uphill. I've been riding my bike to and from work for almost a year now and I still can't quite make it all the way home without having to walk my bike up my steep street. My bike is an old Nishiki - probably from the 80's, that Chris got me for Christmas. He bought it off of eBay and put cruiser style handlebars and a new seat on it. The only problem is the steel frame weighs about 30 pounds and it only has a few gears that actually work for my commute.

Chris just built himself a new bike and now we are talking about building me a new lighter, more efficient one too. He is very partial to these Soma frames and wants to build something kinda like this. Of course mine would have gears and breaks!


No comments:

Post a Comment